Out of the box, many desktops out of the box are “not nice” or just unpolished.
This is one of the faqs people ask me:
how can I make my future distro look amazing?
Content of video
- we need to figure out where any desktop keeps its settings .config .local or …
- we use a workflow so we can analyze what files matter for the desktop
- theme your system
- compare with meld what changed to the .config .local folder or other folders
- we change also Cinnamon settings besides icons, themes, background, …
- we learn that the settings are in .config/dconf/user
- we can edit/read the dconf/user file with dconf-editor
- that is the file we need to theme Cinnamon
- that file needs to go in our package